This Boozy Lemonade Blueberry Cocktail is one of my summer favorites! Refreshing and full of blueberry flavor, everyone loves it when I serve these. The color is gorgeous too.
It’s easy to make your own simple syrup – just combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan over medium and stir until sugar dissolves and liquid becomes clear. Then boil the mixture for a minute or two, and allow it to cool. You can flavor your syrup with lemon by adding a few lemon wheels (seeds removed) while the syrup is cooking and then straining once it’s cool, or just buy some lemon simple syrup and skip the sugar-boiling part altogether.
We’ve made this recipe with fresh cherries too, and it’s totally delicious. I also like it with limes – so be creative! Consider this Lemonade Blueberry Cocktail recipe a base for vodka-based experimentation.
Give my Farmer's Daughter Cocktail recipe a try too - it's a fresh strawberry and basil sipper that screams summertime!
Boozy Lemonade Blueberry Cocktail
- 10-12 fresh blueberries
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 2-3 lemon wedges
- 2 oz. plain or lemon simple syrup
- club soda
- garnish: blueberries and lemon wheel
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon wedges into the bottom of a stemless wineglass, mason jar or pint glass.
- Add the blueberries to the lemon juice and muddle (crush) them thoroughly.
- Pour in the vodka and simple syrup, and stir to combine.
- Add ice to the glass, then fill with club soda. Stir to combine, then garnish with a few blueberries on a lemon wheel.
photos by Katie Roletto
Let Us Know What You Think