This sweet, sour and refreshing Lemon Crush Cocktail recipe could be your new summer favorite – but I drink them well into the fall. This cocktail is inspired by my crew’s favorite libation at P.F. Chang’s – a lemony-coconut water concoction that the bartender wouldn’t give up the recipe for.
Even though I use coconut sugar and coconut water, there isn’t a lot of real coconut flavor here, so sometimes I use coconut vodka in this cocktail recipe (my favorite is from Ciroc). You could definitely use regular sugar instead of coconut sugar, but I like the caramel notes coconut sugar provides, plus it’s better for you…. so you can have another Lemon Crush cocktail. Or two.
Lemon Crush Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, plus remaining half for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar, plus more for garnish
- 1 oz. vodka
- 3-4 oz. coconut water
- a handful of ice
- Combine lemon juice, coconut sugar and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Stir until sugar begins to dissolve. Add coconut water and ice, cover and shake. Pour coconut sugar onto a plate and set aside.
- Garnish cocktail glass by running a lemon wedge all the way around the rim of the glass. Place the glass, rim side down, on the plate and twist back and forth until it is coated with coconut sugar.
- Fill glass with ice and another squeeze of lemon if you wish. Pour cocktail through strainer over ice and enjoy. Can be prepared without vodka for an equally refreshing (but less potent!) drink.
photo by Katie Roletto from our days at Love With Food