Packed with fresh strawberries and basil, the Farmer’s Daughter Strawberry Cocktail is a summertime favorite! Mix up a big batch or make them one at a time. Since I’m a farmer’s daughter myself, is it any wonder this strawberry cocktail is one of my favorites?
There’s nothing like a cool cocktail on a long summer night, right? Especially one that makes the best of summer produce. I love the combination of strawberries and basil – I’ll often toss them with some mixed greens and chicken for a quick lunch, and I add basil to my fruit salads in the summer. I usually make a double batch of the syrup and pop it in the fridge so I have plenty for cocktails and drizzling on waffles, ice cream or fruit too.
Wondering about gluten in vodka? Get the answers here.
Farmer's Daughter Strawberry Cocktail Recipe With Basil
- 2 oz. Strawberry Basil Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1-2 tablespoons diced strawberries & fresh basil
- Club soda to fill
- strawberry slice and basil leaf for garnish
Strawberry Basil Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 4-6 strawberries, sliced
- 5-7 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- In a small sauce pot add water and sugar and bring to boil. Add strawberries and basil, simmer for 10 minutes. Cool and strain.
- Fill a pint glass or mason jar with ice, add syrup, vodka, fruit and club soda, and give it a quick stir or two. Garnish the glass, pop in a straw, sip and savor.
photo by Katie Roletto from our days at Love With Food