Packed with fresh strawberries and basil, the Farmer’s Daughter Strawberry Cocktail is a summertime favorite! Mix up a big batch or make them one at a time. Since I’m a farmer’s daughter myself, is it any wonder this strawberry cocktail is one of my favorites?
There’s nothing like a cool cocktail on a long summer night, right? Especially one that makes the best of summer produce. I love the combination of strawberries and basil – I’ll often toss them with some mixed greens and chicken for a quick lunch, and I add basil to my fruit salads in the summer. I usually make a double batch of the syrup and pop it in the fridge so I have plenty for cocktails and drizzling on waffles, ice cream or fruit too.
Wondering about gluten in vodka? Get the answers here.
If you’re loving fresh berry cocktails, this Boozy Lemonade Blueberry Cocktail should definitely be the next one you try. If basil is your thing, this Lemon Basil Margarita might be your new favorite. I’d like to tell you I love them all equally, but this strawberry + basil drink truly has my heart.
Farmer's Daughter Strawberry Cocktail Recipe With Basil
- 2 oz. Strawberry Basil Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1-2 tablespoons diced strawberries & fresh basil
- Club soda to fill
- strawberry slice and basil leaf for garnish
Strawberry Basil Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 4-6 strawberries, sliced
- 5-7 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
Make the syrup:
- In a small sauce pot add water and sugar and bring to boil. Add strawberries and basil, simmer for 10 minutes. Cool and strain.
Make the Farmer's Daughter cocktail:
- Fill a pint glass or mason jar with ice, add syrup, vodka, fruit and club soda, and give it a quick stir or two. Garnish the glass, pop in a straw, sip and savor.
photos by Katie Roletto from our days at Love With Food