This recipe for Gluten Free Red Velvet Brownies from K.C. the G-Free Foodie is sure to please everyone – you might want to make a double batch! This recipe makes delicious, cake-like Red Velvet brownies that will do the South proud!
- ¾ cup Gluten Free Flour Blend
- ¾ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¹/4 cup high quality cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter (or canola or corn oil, if you’re dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. Gluten Free vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp. water (or cold coffee)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 oz. red food coloring (get my favorite natural GF food coloring)
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 8 x 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine flour, xanthan gumsalt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix and set aside.
In using a standing or hand mixer, combine butter and eggs together. Add vanilla, both types of sugar and the food coloring, and mix until fully blended. Slowly mix in flour mixture and water. Once all flour is combined, spread evenly into pan.
Bake on center rack for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
Cool completely and serve.