These Fully Loaded Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownies are packed full of chocolate and cheesecake goodness, and topped with more deliciousness. Bet you can't eat just one!
Have you ever sat staring at your favorite cookbook (or Pinterest) and felt overwhelmed by all the yummy treats? Deciding whether you want to make gooey brownies or creamy cheesecake is a big decision. I've got the perfect solution for days when you want ALL the goodies, ALL at once.
About these next-level Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownies:
This "Fully Loaded" Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownie recipe starts with a rich chocolate brownie. Then, the brownies are swirled with cheesecake goodness and topped with candy, nuts and other deliciousness. Sounds pretty amazing, right? If you haven't tried loaded brownies, what are you waiting for? You can use any GF flour blend you choose, I like Pamela's Artisan GF Flour or the King Arthur Gluten-Free AP Measure for Measure in this recipe (and most others).
Make these cheesecake brownies your own:
One of the best things about this Fully Loaded Brownies recipe is that it's totally customizable! Try it with your favorite chocolate bars and don't be afraid experiment by using different types of chopped nuts! I love pistachios on loaded brownies, but walnuts and pecans are always fabulous too. M&M's, sprinkles (I like Sweetapolita), and toffee chips are also welcome additions. If you're feeling extra indulgent, I recommend serving with Coffee Ice Cream. The sky's the limit - and I'd love to hear about your creations! Let me know what combinations are your favorites...I'm always looking for inspiration!
P.S. - it's possible we dug into these with forks at my last Whole Foods Market cooking class.
Fully-Loaded Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownies
For the Brownie Layer:
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 6-7 ounces of your favorite high-quality candy bar or candy pieces chopped
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray 8 x 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
Make the Cheesecake Layer:
- In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sugar and the vanilla until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the egg until well blended. Set aside.
For the Brownies:
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and eggs together until combined. Add vanilla and sugar. Slowly mix in flour mixture and water. Once all flour is combined, reserve ½ cup of brownie batter and spread the rest spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the top of the brownie batter and smooth. Drop the reserved brownie batter in large dollops over the topping. Draw the handle of a wooden spoon through the two batters to create a swirled effect. Top with chopped candy and nuts, and gently push down to slightly sink topping into batter.
- Bake on center rack for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve.
Photos: Meg van der Kruik
Can't get enough chocolate + cheesecake? We can't either.
It doesn’t get more decadent or more chocolatey than this incredibly delicious triple chocolate cheesecake from oppy Whisk. Finished with a glossy chocolate ganache glaze and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings, it’s bound to impress both with its beautiful appearance and gorgeous flavor.