I swear I was Southern in a past life. I say y'all all the time, butter may be my greatest love, and I'm obsessed - OBSESSED - with Pimento Cheese. When the folks at Schar asked me to try out their new Gluten-Free Artisan Bread and to come up with a fun recipe or two, I jumped in with both pimento-loving feet. I just knew that fluffy, delicious, bread would be the perfect base for a Pimento Cheese Appetizer. There's just one catch - you'll probably want to make it when there are other people around. I don't know about you, but I'll eat it all by myself if given the opportunity!
Enjoy this creamy spread with your favorite gluten free crackers, or spread it on top of toasted gluten free bread and top with additional pimentos and chives. Either way, you're going to want to try this simple Pimento Cheese Appetizer for your next party - made with my favorite Pimento Cheese recipe!
Once you've tried this amazing appetizer, you're going to want to find all sorts of new ways to enjoy it. Don't worry, I've got you covered.
Love this? I knew you would. Check out my Bacon Pimento Mac And Cheese next. It is so good, it will knock y'alls socks off!
Pimento Cheese Appetizer
- Schar Artisan White bread cut into squares
- Pimento cheese recipe below
- Chives & diced tomato or pimento for garnish
KC’s Pimento Cheese:
- 2 cups sharp cheddar grated
- ½ cup jack cheese grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup pimento peppers drained and chopped
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. green pepper minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Dash or two of hot sauce
- Combine ingredients thoroughly and enjoy!
- Top each bread square with a heaping teaspoon of Pimento cheese, garnish with pimentos and chives, and serve.
Product was supplied for this recipe + post by Schar. All opinions are my own. But you knew that.