I swear I was Southern in a past life. I say y’all all the time, butter may be my greatest love, and I’m obsessed – OBSESSED – with Pimento Cheese. So I was thrilled when the folks at Schar asked me to try out their new fluffy and delicious Gluten-Free Artisan Bread, and to come up with a fun recipe or two. I jumped in with both pimento-loving feet and created this appetizer recipe. I have to make it when there are other people around, because I’ll eat it all if given the opportunity.
Try this simple Pimento Cheese Appetizer for your next party – made with my fabulous Pimento Cheese Recipe!
GFF Magazine provided products and resources for this post
Pimento Cheese Appetizer
- Schar Artisan White bread cut into squares
- Pimento cheese recipe below
- Chives & diced tomato or pimento for garnish
KC’s Pimento Cheese:
- 2 cups sharp cheddar grated
- 1/2 cup jack cheese grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup pimiento peppers drained and chopped
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. green pepper minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Dash or two of hot sauce
- Combine ingredients thoroughly and enjoy!
- Top each bread square with a heaping teaspoon of Pimento cheese, garnish with pimentos and chives, and serve.