These Lamb Chops with Spicy Apricot Sauce are impressive, delicious, and easier than you think! Just marinate the meat with a rub for a few hours, roast in the oven, and done! The spicy apricot sauce is addictive and super-simple too.
Racks of lamb make for a beautiful dinner presentation when displayed whole, or slice them and lay the chops over pilaf or soft polenta for impressive plates. The single chops are also perfect appetizers when served on a platter, guests can pick them up right by the bone. I call them “lamb lollipops” and they move fast.
Lamb Chops with Spicy Apricot Sauce
For the lamb:
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 rack of lamb bones frenched
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup chunky apricot jam
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Place the first 5 ingredients together in a blender or food processor and pulse with 2-3 tbsp olive oil until a paste forms. On a rimmed sheet pan, coat the lamb with the paste, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (24 is best).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the lamb rack on a parchment-lined sheet pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- While the meat is cooking, add all of the sauce ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, and stir to combine. Simmer to reduce by half, about 8-12 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more pepper flakes or salt as needed.
- Serve lamb chops with sauce drizzled over the top and enjoy.
photos by Katie Roletto