This deliciously simple Baked Veggie Eggs Recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner. The toast is built right in to the dish! I’m a huge fan of “all-in-one” meals. Life is busy enough, so anything that helps eliminate extra dish washing is a hit in my book. Especially if the results are this delicious. If you haven’t tried baked eggs before, you’re in for a treat. My favorite part about this dish is that it’s so easy to ensure that the eggs are cooked to your personal liking. Personally, I like my yolks to be a little runny. It adds and extra element of creamy, rich flavor to these Baked Veggie Eggs.
This dish can be served in its individual ramekins, or popped out and placed on a plate so that you can slice through all of the scrumptious layers. Enjoy them however you wish!
I love the ease of baked egg recipes. If you do too, try these Avocado Baked Eggs, where the egg is baked right in an avocado half. Check out my favorite Delicious Baked Eggs as well – you add your favorite toppings to customize the flavors. Neither of these recipes have bread baked in like the veggie eggs do, so you can add toast if you’d like. You can also add a side of bacon with my super-simple Oven-Baked Bacon recipe to make it a full meal.
Baked Veggie Eggs
- 2 slices gluten free bread cut into rounds (I used Artisan White from Schar)
- 2 tbsp broccoli cooked and chopped
- 2 tsp roasted red pepper chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley or chives for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease two 8 or 10 ounce ramekins, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place a bread round in the bottom of each ramekin. Top each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of the broccoli and 1 teaspoon of the roasted peppers, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to make a well in the center of the veggies, and crack an egg into each well. Sprinkle the top of each egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake the eggs for 14-16 minutes, or until the whites are cooked through and the yolk is still a bit runny. Remove from the oven and cool 1-3 minutes. Eggs can be served in the ramekins or use a fork to gently pop them out, so you can serve on a plate and slice through all the layers. Enjoy!
The easiest breakfast. Or brunch. Or dinner.