I love something different for breakfast, and these Strawberry Crumb Bars fit the bill.
Oats. Oats. Oats. Gluten free oats are a staple in this house. My husband eats a bowl of Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats almost every morning. So hearty, so good. I also use them in a lot of my baking, especially in muffins, cobblers and breads. I’m a fan of the texture, the chewiness of oats. I know some of those with celiac disease avoid even the gluten free oats. My husband (who has celiac) is fine with them and my son and I have no problem with them either. I say, “bring on the oats!”
Thanks, Bob’s Red Mill, for sponsoring another one of my posts! This time I’m featuring their gluten free old fashioned oats. I’ve mixed them into my most favorite (tried and true) crumb topping and created these irresistible fresh strawberry crumb bars. Our local strawberry stand is now open for business so I couldn’t resist this vibrant summer fruit. Enjoy these bars with your morning cup of coffee or topped with a scoop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream. Either way, you’ll savor every bite of these gluten free vegan strawberry crumb bars!
gluten free vegan strawberry crumb bars
strawberry crumb bars
Enjoy these strawberry crumb bars with your morning cup of coffee or topped with a scoop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream.
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 TBSP pure maple sryup
- 2 TBSP cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 8×8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, gently stir together strawberries, sugar, maple syrup and cornstarch. Mix until evenly coated. Set aside.
- For crumb crust/topping, sift together flour, oats, almond flour, brown sugar, sugar and salt. Add coconut oil and blend with fork until ingredients are well mixed. Pour in maple syrup and coconut milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spread 2/3 of oat mixture into prepared pan. Press evenly into bottom of pan. Top with even layer of strawberry mixture. Sprinkle remaining oat crumble over strawberries. Bake for 45-48 minutes or until strawberries are bubbly and crumble is golden brown. Allow to cool in pan. Slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free