Carrot Cake Smoothie, taking a sweet treat and turning into a smoothie. Genius.
All the same flavors, wrapped up into a refreshing morning drink or afternoon snack. I recently made these blueberry muffin smoothies (which are totally my new fave and you need to give them a try). This time I went with a little spring flavor. Who doesn't like carrot cake, the classic spring dessert?
I use my trusty Blendtec for all my smoothie making. It's my best bud in the kitchen. Use it pretty much everyday. I love adding fresh veggies to my smoothies. Such vibrant flavors! I also used a frozen banana to add some creaminess, along with cultured coconut milk yogurt. A dash of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg. Dessert for breakfast just got a whole lot healthier and sweeter!
carrot cake smoothie (dairy free)
carrot cake smoothie
Who doesn’t like carrot cake, the classic spring dessert? Dessert for breakfast just got a whole lot healthier and sweeter, thanks to the Carrot Cake Smoothie!
- 8 ice cubes
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup So Delicious unsweetened vanilla cultured coconut milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- Add all ingredients to high-powered blender (I use my Blendtec). Blend on high 1-2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses, sprinkle with dash of cinnamon and serve.
Recipe courtesy: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free