Peach cobbler, peach crumble, peach crisp....there are lots of different names to call the base recipe for these delicious gluten free, vegan peach crumb bars. Whatever you choose to call them, they're the perfect grab-and-go snack, dessert, or even breakfast! This tasty treat is super easy to make, which is a good thing because you'll be making them all summer long!
Article by Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats
here's what you need to make gluten free vegan peach crumb bars:
- 4-5 ripe peaches
- cane sugar
- cornstarch or tapioca starch
- ground cinnamon
- orange juice
- Sarah's gluten free flour blend
- gluten free quick oats
- brown sugar
- cane sugar
- sea salt
- coconut oil, solid
- unsweetened coconut milk
- pure maple syrup
gluten free vegan peach crumb bars
- 4-5 ripe peaches peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 8x8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel, pit and dice peaches. In large bowl, gently mix together diced peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and orange juice. Set aside.
- For crumb crust/topping, sift together flour, oats, brown sugar, sugar and salt. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut milk. Blend with fork until ingredients are well mixed. Spread ⅔ of oat mixture into prepared pan. Press evenly into bottom of pan. Top with an even layer of peaches (with juices). Sprinkle remaining oat crumble over peaches.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until peaches are bubbly and crumble is golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan. Slice and serve.