Peach cobbler, peach crumble, peach crisp....there are lots of different names to call the base recipe for these delicious gluten free, vegan peach crumb bars. Whatever you choose to call them, they're the perfect grab-and-go snack, dessert, or even breakfast! This tasty treat is super easy to make, which is a good thing because you'll be making them all summer long!
Article by Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats
peach season is the best!
Can I just say, I love it when peaches are in season! They are one of the juiciest, sweetest summer fruits. I actually don't mind the fuzzy skin, but some people would rather peel their peaches. I think the fuzziness just adds to the fun of eating them. Juice dripping down your hand goodness.
turning my peach crisp into crumb bars:
I really wanted to make my favorite summer dessert, peach crisp, into bars. So I did! These are just as easy to make, you just press ⅔ of the crumb topping into the bottom of the pan. Top with sugar-cinnamon peaches and the rest of the oat crumble. Bake, slice and top with a scoop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream. Cause that's how we roll. I think I may need to try these with fresh blueberries too. How many of you would fancy that recipe? For now, savor every bite of these gluten, egg and dairy free peach crumb bars.
here's what you need to make gluten free vegan peach crumb bars:
- 4-5 ripe peaches
- cane sugar
- cornstarch or tapioca starch
- ground cinnamon
- orange juice
- Sarah's gluten free flour blend (or your favorite GF flour blend)
- gluten free quick oats
- brown sugar
- cane sugar
- sea salt
- coconut oil, solid
- unsweetened coconut milk
- pure maple syrup
Once you try these peach crumb bars, you'll want to make them all year long. The great news is you can use thawed frozen fruit, although you'll want to drain it. I've developed a blueberry version, a raspberry almond version, a cranberry version, and the strawberry version below.
gluten free vegan peach crumb bars
- 4-5 ripe peaches peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 8x8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel, pit and dice peaches. In large bowl, gently mix together diced peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and orange juice. Set aside.
- For crumb crust/topping, sift together flour, oats, brown sugar, sugar and salt. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut milk. Blend with fork until ingredients are well mixed. Spread ⅔ of oat mixture into prepared pan. Press evenly into bottom of pan. Top with an even layer of peaches (with juices). Sprinkle remaining oat crumble over peaches.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until peaches are bubbly and crumble is golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan. Slice and serve.
Love this recipe for gluten-free peach cobbler bars? Try these next:
This grain free vegan strawberry peach crisp is a summertime MUST! Perfectly golden, grain free crisp topping over juicy, sweet strawberries and peaches. The combination of these two summer fruits is simply splendid!