This Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake takes just five minutes - and it's so good!
The folks at Manini’s Gluten Free, makers of my favorite fresh GF pasta, sent me some samples of their gluten-free flour blend and asked me to get creative – so I created a microwavable Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake that serves one – me! This chocolatey mug cake is the perfect indulgent after dinner treat. The individual serving size makes it super speedy - you can literally have it in hand in a snap. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a glass of wine, head to the kitchen and whip together this Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake. I can't wait to hear what you think.
One last thing - you could skip the chocolate chips....but I wouldn’t.
The BEST Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon gluten-free flour blend I used Manini's
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips + a few for the top optional
- whipped cream or ice cream optional
- Place the butter or coconut oil in a (microwave safe) mug, and microwave for 30-40 seconds to melt. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips, and stir to thoroughly combine. Then, stir the chocolate chips into the batter, reserving a couple to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Check the cake, and cook on high for 30 seconds at a time until done (the total cook time should only be 1 ½ to 2 minutes.)
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired, and dig in!
photo by Katie Roletto
Are 5 minute desserts for one totally you speed? Ours too.
Ready to bake up more gluten-free goodness in a mug? This Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie is next-level delicious, and ready in 5 minutes too!
Want to sweeten things naturally? Cool then.
This Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is sweetened with California Prunes, which help deepen the chocolate flavor and make the cake extra fudgy. Just swap in GF flour!
Fudge in 5 Minutes, no mug required?
5 minute fudge? Oh yeah, that's a thing. BONUS: this Easy Fudge recipe only requires two ingredients too!