The folks at Manini’s Gluten Free, makers of my favorite fresh GF pasta, sent me some samples of their Gluten Free Flour Blend and asked me to get creative – so I created a microwavable cake that serves one – me! Try this Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake and let me know what you think.
You could skip the chocolate chips, but I wouldn’t.
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Manini’s GF Flour Blend
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips + a few for the top optional
- whipped cream or ice cream optional
- Place the butter or coconut oil in a (microwave safe) mug, and microwave for 30-40 seconds to melt. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips, and stir to thoroughly combine. Then stir the chocolate chips into the batter, reserving a couple to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Check the cake, and cook on high for 30 seconds at a time until done (the total cook time should only be 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.) Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired, and Dig in!