Chocolate Mug Cake
The folks at Manini's Gluten Free, makers of my favorite fresh GF pasta, sent me some samples of their Gluten Free Flour Blend and asked me to get creative - so I created a microwavable cake that serves one - me!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 cake
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Manini’s GF Flour Blend
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips + a few for the top optional
- whipped cream or ice cream optional
Place the butter or coconut oil in a (microwave safe) mug, and microwave for 30-40 seconds to melt. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips, and stir to thoroughly combine. Then, stir the chocolate chips into the batter, reserving a couple to sprinkle on top.
Microwave for 1 minute on high. Check the cake, and cook on high for 30 seconds at a time until done (the total cook time should only be 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.) Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired, and dig in!