The folks at Manini’s Gluten Free sent me some of their new Gluten Free Four Cheese Ravioli, and I couldn’t have been more delighted! Totally delicious filling surrounded by perfect GF fresh pasta? The whole thing was pretty exciting, given my Italian heritage and all. The ravioli are also corn free, which makes me extra happy. I sort of stared at the box, trying to decide what to do with them, and then brown butter popped in my head – it’s one of my favorite things, like ever. In fact, you could put my Brown Butter Sage Sauce on just about anything and have it be good (a 2×4, maybe?) but I suggest trying it on the ravioli first.
Four Cheese Ravioli in Brown Butter Sage Sauce
The folks at Manini’s Gluten Free sent me some of their new Gluten Free Four Cheese Ravioli, and I couldn’t have been more delighted! Totally delicious filling surrounded by perfect GF fresh pasta.
- 1 package Manini’s Four Cheese Gluten Free Ravioli
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 6 sage leaves: 2 whole 4 thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Cook the ravioli in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- Warm the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the two whole sage leaves in the butter and cook, stirring, until the butter develops brown flecks and smells nutty. Watch carefully to make certain the butter doesn’t burn. Remove from heat, and carefully pull the sage leaves out and set aside. Add the sliced sage, lemon juice and pepper flakes to the butter and return to low heat, stir.
- Add the ravioli and half of the cheese to the butter, and toss gently to coat. Divide the ravioli between two plates, top with the remaining cheese and the fried sage leaves. Enjoy.