I co-wrote Made With Coffee with my friend Jerry James Stone. Made With Coffee has 65+ recipes for incredible dishes like Real Deal Red Chili and Cowboy Scones using coffee (or tea) plus a guide for making any coffee drink under the sun. Every recipe in the book is gluten-free or has a GF option, and there’s even a few recipes from my pals Alison of A Girl Defloured and Kyra from Kyra’s Bake Shop (yes, her Cupcake Wars-winning Coffee + Doughnuts Cupcake recipe is included!)
We couldn’t be more excited to share the book with you.
Now, on to the roasted shrimp!
Perfect for a quick meal or an easy appetizer, these Roasted Espresso Chipotle Shrimp are packed with flavor. The sweet notes from the brown sugar and the oranges are a fabulous counterpart for the earthy coffee and the chipotle powder’s heat.
I serve them over rice and veggies for a quick meal, and they are great on salads too. These shrimp are great served warm or room temperature, so I whip some up when we’re having friends over.
Give my Oven Roasted Shrimp with Lemon and garlic a try too – they are great over pasta and delicious when chilled.
Roasted Espresso Chipotle Shrimp
- 2 lbs large 16-20 or 21-25 count raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2-3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp finely ground coffee, dark roast
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 3 mandarin oranges, sliced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp, brown sugar, coffee, chipotle powder and orange slices with 2 tablespoons of the oil and the salt & pepper. Add the rest of the oil if needed to coat the shrimp.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer on a lightly greased rimmed sheet pan, ensuring orange slices are spread evenly throughout. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through.
styling by K.C. Cornwell, photos by Katie Roletto