Ice cold, frozen watermelon. Blended with a little lime juice. You’ve got yourself instant watermelon sorbet! One of the most refreshing frozen treats around. Super easy and no ice cream maker needed!
I’m such a fan of frozen desserts in the summer. It’s pretty much all I crave. Big bowl of cashew milk ice cream or a berry slushie. Anything to cool me down in this 100 degree heat. Yes, we’ve entered into those days here in California. As much as I love living here, 110 is just waaaaay too hot. Gross.
It’s a good thing I’ve got me a bowl of this yummy watermelon sorbet! I had some leftover cubed watermelon in the fridge and decided to freeze it. Added it to a blender with fresh lime juice and a touch of maple syrup. Blend, blend, blend. I needed a little water to get it going, but the finished sorbet was amazing! My kids couldn’t get enough. This is their favorite new recipe I’ve made this summer. Watermelon sorbet for the win!
Watermelon Sorbet. Refreshing, made with only 2 ingredients and no need for an ice cream maker!
Refreshing Watermelon Sorbet
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes frozen
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey optional
- Place watermelon chunks onto cookie sheet in single layer. Place in freezer until frozen, about 4 hours.
- When watermelon is frozen, place in high-powered blender or food processor with lime juice, 2 tablespoons water and maple syrup.
- Blend on high until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides. Add additional water as needed.
- Scoop into bowls and serve!
Courtesy: Sarah, Sarah Bakes Gluten-Free