I’m pretty sure I have bought one watermelon a week this summer. I can’t get enough! It’s my all time favorite summer fruit. Naturally sweet, so juicy and refreshing. I buy the big ones at Costco so that it lasts a few days and we just gobble it up. So good!
My heart has been set on making a fresh watermelon margarita for days and days. I’m so glad I finally gave in to my craving because these are perfection! Super easy too. Fresh watermelon cubes blended with margarita mix (alcohol already added). Simple right? Rim the glasses with a little lime juice and salt. Strain the watermelon margarita
mixture, pour over ice and you’ve got yourself what might be your new favorite summer drink. Bring on the watermelon margaritas!
Fresh Watermelon Margaritas | Sarah, Baking Gluten Free
- 3 cups fresh watermelon cubes, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups margarita mix with alcohol added (I use Kirkland Signature from Costco*)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey, optional
- lime slices and sea salt
- Rim 2 glasses with juice from lime and dip in sea salt. Set aside. In high-powered blender, add watermelon cubes, margarita mix and maple syrup. Blend on high 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Pour mixture through fine mesh sieve to remove watermelon pulp. Fill prepared glasses halfway with ice. Pour watermelon mixture over ice and serve.
- *If you can’t find margarita mix with alcohol added, simple use 1 cup margarita mix and 1/2 cup tequila
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats