Raisins are a point of contention in my family. Well, between me and my sister they are. She, so very wrongly, believes that raisins have no place in anything. Not oatmeal cookies. Not Irish soda bread.
I think she might be an alien. Or at the very least adopted. There is no way such a raisin hater can be related to me.
You see, I am on the right side of this disagreement. The side where those little boxes of raisins were never a disappointment when they showed up in my halloween bucket. And I think they make a great addition to any boring cereal – they can help keep me from feeling the need to add sugar to plain chex.
Don’t worry though. I added some chocolate in there for you non-raisin fanatics. Or for those of you who think they are equally important in life.
Raisinably Delicious Gluten Free Snack Mix
- 150 grams (about a cup) raisins
- 50 grams (about a half cup or a generous handfull) dried goji berries
- 50 grams (about a half cup) unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 50 grams (about a quarter cup sunflower seeds
- 75 grams (about a half cup) good quality dark chocolate chips
- Measure all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Store in a sealed container for up to a month.
Article Courtesy: Mary Fran Wiley