This summer we picked a lot of fresh fruits for freezing, I don’t like to purchase fruits I could other wise get for free and then I know exactly whats on them or where they came from. Muffins of any variety are a favorite in our house, I like to have a muffin for breakfast or pack them in lunches. Our daughter will get up at least two hours before school and sneak muffins into her room for breakfast as she is getting ready for school, uuuuhg!
These Gluten Free Blueberry Streusel Muffins are a new found addiction for me, I just LOVE the maple and blueberry combination. I asked my husband what he would like for his lunches this week and he said, “How about those muffins” and there you have it muffins is what he got for this week.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Maple Streusel Muffins
These gluten-free maple blueberry streusel muffins make every morning a good morning, thanks to Gluten-Free Baking By Rachelle.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1-3/4 cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Maple Sugar or Organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cups So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar, Room Temp
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Organic Maple Extract
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/4 Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 4-5 Tablespoons Vegan Butter, Cold
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a glass measuring cup add So Delicious Coconut Milk and vinegar, set aside for 5 minutes or until curdled.
- If using frozen blueberries coat with one tablespoon of gf flour, stir to coat.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and sugar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add water, coconut milk mixture, maple syrup, vegetable oil, and maple extract.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add blueberries.
- Using a muffin pan, fill cups 3/4 of the way full.
- In a small bowl add, brown sugar, gf flour, vegan butter, and maple syrup.
- Using a pasty cutter, cut mixture until it resembles small crumbles.
- Top the uncooked muffins.
- Place muffins in a 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.