These fun Ghost Cupcakes are designed with all Trick-or Treaters in mind: in addition to being delicious, they're gluten-free and vegan too. Plus, incredibly cute. Need we say more?
As promised, I’m sharing more “spooktacular” halloween treats! Did you get a chance to check out the mummy cookies that I shared last week? Totally adorable and not too scary. I have to thank pinterest for always inspiring me to get creative during the holidays. There are so many fabulous halloween tricks and treats out there. Be sure to follow me on pinterest, where I’ll be sharing all of my most recent and favorite recipes!
About these fun Ghost Cupcakes:
These ghost cupcakes are the easiest allergy-friendly Halloween treat EVER. All I did was take my chocolate cupcake recipe, top with fluffy vanilla buttercream and add two chocolate eyes. I told you they were easy. These little ghosts are far from spooky. They’re just a simple way to take a gluten free vegan cupcake from ordinary to frightfully cute!
Making vegan buttercream:
You need a buttercream that's firm enough to stay put when making the ghosts, but soft and flavorful too. Add the coffee creamer slowly, so the buttercream doesn't get runny - you'll want to keep an eye on the texture.
Ghost Cupcakes + Monster Brownies: BFFs Forever
Spooky-cute chocolate brownies with Halloween flair - we call that a sweet treat. These Monster Brownies from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free are the most adorable allergen-free treat you'll ever make.
Gluten-Free Vegan Ghost Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend or your favorite AP gluten-free flour
- ½ cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup sunflower seed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
vegan vanilla buttercream frosting
for the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners. Sift together flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk, water and vinegar, until slightly curdled. Add sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in flour mixture. Mix for 1 minute, until combined. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Place cupcakes on cooling rack and cool completely.
for the vegan buttercream:
- To make buttercream, beat together shortening and vegan butter for 1 minute in large stand mixer. Add sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons coffee creamer and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes. Add an additional tablespoon coffee creamer if needed. Beat buttercream until light and fluffy.
to build the ghost cupcakes:
- Place in piping bag with large round tip. Pipe tall mound of frosting in center of cupcake, pulling tip away to create small peak. Add chocolate chips or candies for eyes. Best enjoyed within 1-2 days.