Try this incredible recipe for gluten free vegan mini lemon blueberry cakes from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats. Totally deliciousness, full of real berry and lemon flavor.
gluten free vegan mini lemon blueberry cakes
lemon blueberry cakes
- 3 1/2 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend or your favorite blend (I like Pamela’s GF Artisan Blend)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola or sunflower seed oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure GF vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure lemon oil or extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons So Delicious french vanilla coconut milk coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare mini loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper. Coat blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and set aside. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, mix together coconut milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes to curdle. Add sugar, applesauce, oil, lemon zest, vanilla and lemon extract. Pour over flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared mini loaf pans. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Continue to cool on cooling rack. To make glaze, mix together powdered sugar, coconut creamer and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled lemon cakes. Best served within 1-2 days.
*If using frozen blueberries, you may have to increase the baking time by 4-5 minutes.