Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes – this is one of those recipes I come back to over & over again. Everybody loves it.
Have you ever had an idea and immediately known that it was going to be totally delicious? That was definitely the case with this gluten-free Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe. I was inspired by a recipe I saw from Martha Stewart – so I knew inherently that Cookies & Cream Cheesecake must be a good thing. (See what I did there?) How could it not be? I’m a sucker for chocolate sandwich cookies, and don’t even get me started on cheesecake. The challenge was making the cupcakes gluten-free, moist, and delicious. Luckily for you, I know a little bit about that!
I originally used the Schar Chocolate O’s because they were my favorite GF-oreo-substitiute, but fortunately you can include any chocolate sandwich cookie you like, because Schar doesn’t sell those in the U.S. anymore. This recipe also works with any crunchy chocolate cookies, if you’re not into the cream-filled thing. (Although I can’t understand why you wouldn’t be.)
I make them pretty often with Pamela’s Extreme Chocolate Simple Bites cookies, because we always have those around. You can also make Bravetart’s amazing Faux-oreo cookies first, and then sacrifice a few of them for these cupcakes.
Try serving them with a mug of my favorite homemade Hot Chocolate! Don’t serve them to anyone you don’t really like though. Because they’ll definitely be coming back to your house.
I’d LOVE to see your creations, so when you try this recipe, shoot me a picture on social media! (I’m @gfreefoodie – but you knew that, right?)
If cheesecake is most definitely your thing, try this Real Strawberry Cheesecake next.
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
- muffin tin
- 24 gluten-free cream-filled sandwich cookies 16 left whole & 8 coarsely chopped (*or 12 whole, see notes)
- 1 pound (16 ounces) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- small pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line 16 standard muffin tins (*or 12 large muffin tins) with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22-25 minutes (*24-27 minutes for 12 large cupcakes). Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
Photos: Meg van der Kruik
I am here to help you get your cheesecake cupcake game together, people.