Good morning, my little peach! This dairy free Peach Cobbler Smoothie is a splendid breakfast treat. Creamy, peachy, and with that perfect touch of cinnamon. YUM!
I like to keep my smoothies simple. Five ingredients or less is good with me. I start with some frozen fruit, usually 2 different kinds. Then, I'll add a scoop of protein powder. I’m in the mood for something green, I'll grab a handful of fresh spinach or kale. For liquids, I always use unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk. Hemp hearts or nut butter are a great way to incorporate a little added protein. I'll finish this off with a drizzle of maple syrup or sprinkle of coconut sugar. It doesn’t take many ingredients to make a yummy smoothie.
The summer fruits are still in abundance here, so I recently stocked up on fresh peaches. I sliced them (with the peels still on) and froze them in an even layer on a baking sheet. Once frozen, I placed them in a ziploc bag. Now, I have them for smoothies or peach pie.
What’s your favorite summer smoothie flavor? Be sure to let me know if you give this Peach Cobbler Smoothie a try!
Recipe and article courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten-Free.
PEACH COBBLER SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups frozen sliced peaches
- 1 ¼ cups So Delicious Dairy Free unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To a high powered blender, add frozen peaches, almond milk, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Blend on high 1-2 minutes, until oats are finely ground and smoothie is creamy.
- Pour into serving glasses. Enjoy!
Let Us Know What You Think