When the weather warms up, I crave fresh and bold flavors. This Grilled Pineapple Ginger Salsa recipe is just the thing to satisfy that craving. It’s an addictive combination of sweet and spicy notes and a fun alternative to traditional tomato based salsa. Taco Tuesday is a once a week thing, so it’s nice to be able to mix it up.
If you haven’t tried grilling fruit before, what are you waiting for? The high heat subtly intensifies the sweetness of the fruit, making it even more delectable. In this particular dish, the sweet pineapple is countered by the sharp lime, red onion and spicy habanero chiles. The result is an utterly irresistible relish that you’ll want to slather on top of, well, everything!
Grilled Pineapple Ginger Salsa is fabulous with tortilla chips (obviously), but be sure to try it on fish, grilled meats, and salads, too! Just imagine it nestled into fish tacos, or topping a perfectly grilled pork chop. Offer it up at your next cookout. Just don’t expect there to be any leftovers!
Once you’ve tried grilling fruit, there’s no turning back. If you loved this grilled salsa, they you really need to try my friend Meg’s Grilled Watermelon Halloumi Salad. You can thank me later!
Grilled Pineapple Ginger Salsa
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 pineapple sliced and grilled or roasted until just tender, diced
- 1/2 to 1 habanero chile minced
- Splash canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the ginger, green onions, lime juice, red onions, pineapple, chile and oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.