When the weather warms up, I crave fresh and bold flavors. This Grilled Pineapple Ginger Salsa recipe is just the thing to satisfy that craving. It’s an addictive combination of sweet and spicy notes and a fun alternative to traditional tomato based salsa. Taco Tuesday is a once a week thing, so it’s nice to be able to mix it up.
Grilled Pineapple Ginger Salsa is fabulous with tortilla chips (obviously), but be sure to try it on fish, grilled meats, and salads, too! Just imagine it nestled into fish tacos, or topping a perfectly grilled pork chop. Offer it up at your next cookout. Just don’t expect there to be any leftovers!
Grilled Pineapple Ginger Salsa
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 pineapple sliced and grilled or roasted until just tender, diced
- 1/2 to 1 habanero chile minced
- Splash canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the ginger, green onions, lime juice, red onions, pineapple, chile and oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.