This Flourless Chocolate Tart with Pistachio Crust is a real crowd-pleaser, and not just because it can be made dairy-free + Paleo too! Lusciously dark chocolate filling and a colorful all-nut pistachio crust make this chocolate tart a dessert that not only might be the best thing you ever tasted, but the prettiest thing you've ever made.
Are you ready for a show-stopper dessert takes flourless chocolate to a whole new level? We're talking rich on rich on rich, friends. Look no further than this incredibly delicious tart with an easy-to-prepare bright green crust and a knockout dark chocolate filling with a touch of espresso powder. You’ll want to look for raw shelled pistachios (I get them in the bulk bins at Whole Foods), or omit the salt in the crust if you can only find the roasted and salted shelled pistachios.
You might also love this Dark Chocolate Tart with Walnut Crust + Fresh Berries too!
Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Tart With Pistachio Crust
- tart pan or springform pan
For the crust:
- 12 ounces raw shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (1 ounce) melted butter
Prepare the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray an 8-inch round fluted tart pan or a 14-inch rectangle with gluten-free pan spray and line with a parchment paper circle. Set aside.
- Place the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the nuts are a fine meal. Add sugar and salt, pulse to combine. Add the egg and butter and pulse until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Press the dough into the prepared tart pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the filling:
- Pour the chocolate chips into a blender and add salt, espresso powder, vanilla and the egg. Pulse the blender to mix the egg throughout the chocolate. Warm the cream in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, until quite hot but not scalded. While blending, pour the cream in a thin stream through the pour spout in the blender lid until it’s all added. Scrape down the sides and blend another few seconds, or until smooth.
- Immediately pour the filling into the crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least two hours, and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Flourless Chocolate Tart:
What kind of pan should I use? You can use an 8-inch tart round pan or 14-inch rectangle tart pan, both of which have a removeable bottom. You could also use an 8-inch or 9-inch springform pan. Those would be the best options for getting the flourless chcolate tart out of the pan and cutting clean slices. You could also use a pie plate, but you'll have a harder time cutting clean slices.
What if I can't find raw, unsalted pistachios for the crust? You could use roasted, salted pistachios and omit the salt from the crust recipe. If the nuts are roasted the crust will taste just fine, but it won't be bright green. You can also use walnuts in this recipe.
Do I have to use dark chocolate chips? Nope! Instead of chocolate chips, you could use chopped chocolate or discs. You just want to make sure you high 12 ounces of high-quality dark chocolate for this recipe.
Photos: Meg van der Kruik