This boozy Adult Shamrock Shake recipe from my girls Flannery & Catherine at Fashionably Bombed makes this minty childhood memory next-level. You could make these without the booze too, but cocktailing is the Irish way, right?
While we’re normally not big fans of the golden arches, every year around St. Patrick’s Day we get a hankering for a Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s. This year we thought we’d do one better and make our own adult version! Watch out!
Adult Shamrock Shake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup GF Irish cream
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5-10 fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring optional
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend. Top with whipped cream and make it rain with those green sprinkles!