There are certain foods that remind me of my childhood. Grandma’s chocolate chip walnut cookies, peanut butter and banana sandwiches and cinnamon sugar graham crackers. They just bring back memories of being little and not having a care in the world.
I’ve recreated one of my childhood favorite snacks with these gluten free vegan cinnamon sugar graham crackers. A light, crispy graham cracker, topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar goodness. The texture is perfect, the flavor is spot on and they are just as sweet as I remember them. I’ve been eating these graham crackers with my coffee just about every morning (hoarding them from my kids), but they’re also pretty tasty with a little smear of creamy peanut butter. I know, actually I’m certain, these would make fabulous s’mores too!
What are some of your favorite childhood snacks? A fun treat that brings back memories? Recreating recipes we know and love is something that brings me great joy. Comment below with a recipe you’re just dying to enjoy again!
Courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten-Free Treats
Cinnamon Sugar Graham Crackers
- 1 cup Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free oat flour*
- ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup refined coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
cinnamon sugar topping
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl of standing mixer with paddle attachment, add flour blend, oat flour, brown sugar, cane sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Turn on low to blend dry ingredients.
- To flour mixture, add melted coconut oil, water, maple syrup and vanilla. Continue to blend until dough comes together. Add an additional tablespoon of water, if needed.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet. Top with additional piece of parchment paper. Roll dough into ⅙-inch thick 12×17 rectangle.
- Using large knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 3-inch squares. Poke holes with fork into crackers.
- In small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon for topping. Sprinkle evenly over graham crackers.
- Bake crackers for 20-22 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Rotate pan after 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove crackers for oven. While still warm and on pan, retrace cuts to separate crackers. Allow to cool on pan 10 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store graham crackers in airtight container for up to 1 week.