It’s summer break in our house, which means every morning is a lazy morning. No one to take to school, no place to be by 8:00 am. Time to stay in our jammies and stay out of the heat. Smoothies are a go-to in the summer when it comes to breakfast. Quick, easy and refreshing. Every once in awhile the kids will ask for pancakes or a special breakfast treats. Because I love my littles oh so much, it’s hard to say no!
I’m sharing with you this lovely raspberry coffee cake today, made with one of my favorite summer fruits. I buy fresh raspberries at Costco and they are pretty much gone in 2 days. If I can get to them fast enough, I’m able to use some in my baking. The other morning I made this raspberry coffee cake and it was so light and fluffy. The layer of fresh berries, sprinkled with a cinnamon crumb topping. Coffee cake is one of my all time faves with my cup of coffee in the morning. The addition of raspberries just makes this coffee cake even more amazing!
Gluten-Free Vegan Raspberry Coffee Cake
From Sarah Bakes Gluten Free, a light, fluffy and fruity coffee cake that whips up easy on a lazy morning. Even better, it's completely gluten-free and vegan!
cinnamon crumb topping
- ¾ cup Sarah’s gluten free flour blend
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon organic non-hydrogenated shortening melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk, vinegar, applesauce, oil and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish. Top with even coat of fresh raspberries.
- To make crumb topping, whisk together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add melted shortening and stir with fork until all ingredients combined. With fingers, crumble topping over raspberries. Bake coffee cake for 32-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 15-20 minutes before serving. Slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats