I have been on a donut making frenzy, I LOVE DONUTS!! These were so much fun to make and decorate. I really get excited about pretty food. The hubby and I just got back from a much needed mini vacation for our anniversary, we had so much fun and it made me come home inspired, yes inspired to make donuts of every variety I could think of. He he he! I would be baking for years if I made donuts of every variety I thought of, however this time I decided I would make these Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Breakfast Donuts, I really don’t think these donuts will make it until breakfast they are that good! The hubby loves anything chocolate and the kids love anything sweet.
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Breakfast Donuts
Donuts bring everyone together - especially this recipe from Rachelle at Footloose And Gluten Free for gluten free AND vegan chocolate breakfast donuts.
Servings: 12 donuts
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Cocoa
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray donut pan with a non stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add, gf flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- In a glass measuring cup add milk and apple cider vinegar, stir until mixture becomes curdled.
- In a stand mixer add maple syrup, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and then milk mixture.
- Beat until smooth, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for 10 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and let stand mixer break them up as it mixes.
- Using a piping bag or a ziploc bag (I used a ziploc) pipe mixture into donut pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
FOR THE GLAZE:
- In a small bowl add confectioners sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Dip the top of donut into glaze and add sprinkles place donut back on wire rack to dry.