- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into 4-by-½-inch sticks
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- ¼ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the potato sticks with the olive oil until evenly coated. Spread the potato sticks on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the upper third of the oven, turning once or twice with a spatula, until they are golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and herbs over the fries and toss well. Roast for about 5 minutes longer, until the herbs are fragrant and the garlic is lightly browned. Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the grated Pecorino Romano. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe: GRACE PARISI Photo Credit: Fredrika Stjärne