- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (add 1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum if not included in the mix)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Gluten Free vanilla extract
- 1 green apple, core removed; shredded
- 2 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup sweetened flaked coconut
Optional: top muffins with cream cheese frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix well. Using a spatula, fold in the apple, carrots, and coconut.
Divide the batter evenly among the 12 prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 18 to 21 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Recipe Courtesy: Dr. Stephen Wangen
& Delight Gluten Free
Let Us Know What You Think