- 1 ¾ cups Gluten Free Flour blend
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (omit if using a cup-for-cup flour blend)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks, plus ¼ cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup milk (dairy, goat, almond or coconut)
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Gluten Free vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla + 1 teaspoon chocolate extract if you have it)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the Gluten Free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and ¾ cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl and stir to blend. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a medium bowl & blend. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir just to blend, careful not to overmix. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper baking cups. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.