- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Bell Pepper, diced (any color, optional)
- 2 stocks Celery, sliced
- 4 tablespoon Butter or Oil
- 2 tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- 2-3 whole Chicken Breasts, diced about 1"
- ½ lb. G-Free Italian Sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon G-Free Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 can diced Tomatoes and Juice (1 lb, 12 oz)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (8 oz)
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Rice, uncooked
- ½ lb Bay Shrimp or larger (cooked and cleaned-optional)
Saute first four ingredients in butter or oil over moderate heat until onion is softened. Add parsley, chicken and sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add pepper sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and water and cook 5 minutes. Add rice, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 30-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add shrimp during last 5 minutes, just to heat through.