Recipe courtesy Gluten Away
As healthy as I like to say I am, I’ll admit that I slack when it comes to eating greens. I know how essential all the vitamins are and all that but seriously, I’m still a teenager! I at least can say that I make an effort to get my greens as much as possible for B vitamins but I know I’m not getting enough. I really wanted to find a way to get my green vegetables in a way I actually enjoyed eating. Luckily my mom and I put together this recipe and for once I was excited to eat raw vegetables. This broccoli salad recipe is amazing and something I think even your kids would enjoy. That’s right. Even your kids! I was very skeptical as a teenager but I turned out to love it! It’s sweet but not too strong, plus it’s free of the top 8 allergens. What more could you ask? If you want to get more greens in your diet in a delicious way then this is definitely the recipe to try.
- 6 c. broccoli florets, raw
- ½ c. Veganaise
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ c. sugar
- ¼ c. raisins
- ½ c. diced red onions, diced
- ¼ c. bacon crumbles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli florets in large bowl.
- In small bowl combine veganaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and salt/pepper.
- Add Veganaise mixture to broccoli, mix and coat well.
- Add raisins, bacon crumbles, red onion, mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour and serve cold. Enjoy!
Angela Boever says
Can I use Hellman’s mayonnaise instead of the veganaise? And still be gluten free?
K.C. Cornwell says
Yes! Hellman's is GF. It just won't be vegan/egg free.