Recipe by Gluten Free Baking By Rachelle
This Gluten-Free Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake is one of my youngest daughters favorites, and she has been after me for quite some time to make her this cake. I usually make this in a 9x13 pan, however this time I thought I would try it in a bunt pan and I was sure pleasantly surprised just how beautiful it had turned out, sometimes I even decorate the top with a powdered sugar drizzle, sooooo pretty. This cake is perfectly good on it's own or with that morning coffee, you could also serve it with afternoon tea. So whenever you decide to serve this cake it will be more than delicious and satisfying.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Softened (I used Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a non-stick spray, coat a bundt pan or a 9×13 pan to prevent sticking.
- In a stand mixer cream together sugar and shortening.
- Slowly add 2 eggs and cream until light in color.
- Slowly add vanilla, coconut milk, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add gluten-free flour.
- In a small clean bowl combine brown sugar, butter, gluten-free flour, and cinnamon mixing until combines and sand like appearance.
- Place half of the cake batter into bunt pan.
- Place half of the brown sugar mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Layer remaining cake batter on top of the brown sugar mixture and place the rest of the brown sugar mixture on the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.