This time of the year brings a plethora of fruits and vegetables and one of our very favorites is apples.
I love to make applesauce, pies, cakes, and this very yummy gluten-free apple crisp. Every time I make a dessert like this I truly believe it makes my children come out of the wood work. We have four kids and two are grown and moved out and still have two at home. I make this recipe in a 9×13 pan which I thought was going to allow me some leftovers, boy was I ever wrong. I will be making another one ASAP because everyone liked it so much. The family was so excited about this crisp that every time I turned around they were asking, can we have some yet? This is a simple recipe people will think you spent hours preparing, a dollop of whipping cream or vanilla ice cream is a wonderful tasty accent.
Gluten-Free Apple Crisp Recipe
This simple gluten-free apple crisp from Rachelle of Footloose and Gluten Free will have people thinking you spent hours preparing. We won't tell anyone...
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 6 Whole Apples, Peeled and Sliced
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 1/3 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 1/2 Cup Butter Or Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Gluten free Oats, Quick Cooking or Rolled Oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a medium sized bowl peel and slice apples.
- Add gluten free flour, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Combine until all the apples are evenly coated. set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, add brown sugar, gluten free flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives combine mixture until it resembles small pebbles.
- Add rolled oats and combine with a spoon.
- In an ungreased 9×13 pan place apple mixture in pan.
- Place crumb mixture on top of sliced apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until fork tender.