This time of the year brings a plethora of fruits and vegetables and one of our very favorites is apples.
I love to make applesauce, pies, cakes, and this very yummy gluten-free apple crisp. Every time I make a dessert like this I truly believe it makes my children come out of the wood work. We have four kids and two are grown and moved out and still have two at home. I make this recipe in a 9×13 pan which I thought was going to allow me some leftovers, boy was I ever wrong. I will be making another one ASAP because everyone liked it so much. The family was so excited about this crisp that every time I turned around they were asking, can we have some yet? This is a simple recipe people will think you spent hours preparing, a dollop of whipping cream or vanilla ice cream is a wonderful tasty accent.
Gluten-Free Apple Crisp Recipe
This simple gluten-free apple crisp from Rachelle of Footloose and Gluten Free will have people thinking you spent hours preparing. We won't tell anyone...
- 6 Whole Apples, Peeled and Sliced
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- ⅓ Cup Organic Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- ½ Cup Butter Or Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Gluten free Oats, Quick Cooking or Rolled Oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a medium sized bowl peel and slice apples.
- Add gluten free flour, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Combine until all the apples are evenly coated. set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, add brown sugar, gluten free flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives combine mixture until it resembles small pebbles.
- Add rolled oats and combine with a spoon.
- In an ungreased 9×13 pan place apple mixture in pan.
- Place crumb mixture on top of sliced apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until fork tender.