I could easily enjoy a slice of this Cinnamon Swirl Bread every morning of every day! Now, if only someone would come to my house and bake it for me. This mama ain't got no time for that.
Mornings in my house are always a little crazy. My husband leaves early for work so it’s always just me and the kids. Getting them fed, making sure they are dressed, packing snacks and lunches. It's total chaos and exhausting. I come home from dropping them off and all I want to do is sit down and have my cup of coffee. A cup of coffee with almond milk and a slice of this Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread.
This gluten free vegan Cinnamon Swirl Bread, with that lovely vanilla glaze, may even qualify as cake. I’m going to stick with calling it bread so I don’t feel as guilty about eating 2 slices! It’s such a soft, light, sweet bread, with layers of cinnamon sugar throughout. The sugar even gets a little caramelized as it bakes. So good. My family raved over this new recipe and I think yours will too.
Courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
Check out this Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce recipe too!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend or your favorite all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons So Delicious Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ⅓ cup organic canola or sunflower seed oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9×5-inch loaf pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir together almond milk, vinegar, oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir until batter is smooth.
- In small bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop ⅓ of batter into prepared loaf pan. Spread into even layer. Sprinkle ½ of cinnamon-sugar mixture over batter. Using butter knife, gently swirl batter.
- Scoop in another ⅓ of batter and spread evenly. Top with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Gently swirl.
- Top with remaining ⅓ of batter and spread evenly.
- Bake bread 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make vanilla glaze by mixing together powdered sugar, water, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cinnamon bread.
- Allow glaze to set. Slice and serve bread.