You'll love this recipe for Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars! A soft sugar cookie is hard for just about anyone to resist, especially when cut into bars. These sugar cookie bars aren't only delicious, they are gluten-free and vegan too, so everyone can enjoy them!
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
The best topping for sugar cookie bars is obviously frosting & sprinkles!
I have a soft spot for sprinkles. It’s their bright colors and fun shapes that add a little fun to any sweet treat. My kids are always requesting sprinkles on their ice cream. They say it makes the ice cream taste better. How could I disagree with that? The same holds true for these Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars!
Our favorite gluten-free, dairy-free & corn-free sprinkles are from Supernatural!
Vegan Vanilla Frosting is just a good idea.
Let’s be real here. When it comes to sugar cookies, the frosting is really only there as glue for the sprinkles. Yes, that layer of vanilla frosting tastes amazing on those soft sugar cookies. It’s also totally necessary. No one wants to eat a plain, unfrosted sugar cookie. It’s a blank (yummy) canvas, just waiting to be covered with a cheerful layer of sugary goodness!
Vegan Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- organic powdered sugar
- Earth Balance vegan butter softened
- So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla coconut milk coffee creamer OR coconut milk & vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- gluten free sprinkles for topping
Gluten-Free Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars Ingredients:
- Sarah’s gluten free flour blend or your favorite all-purpose gf flour blend
- baking powder
- powdered sugar
- cane sugar
- unrefined coconut oil
- unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- vanilla extract
Sugar Cookie Bars: making a good thing better!
Just when I thought my gluten free vegan Sugar Cookies couldn’t get any better, I made them into bars! They're so much easier to make. Just spread the dough into the pan, bake, frost and slice. A soft sugar cookie is hard for just about anyone to resist, especially when cut into grab-n-go bars. These Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars would be great to serve at your next party or potluck!
More Sugar Cookie recipes you'll love:
Vegan Gluten-Free Frosted Sugar Cookies:
Our friend Sarah's perfectly rolled and cutout gluten-free sugar cookies, with a simple vanilla frosting and colored sprinkles. These gluten free vegan frosted sugar cookies are exceptional for any occasion!
Chewy Lemon Vegan Sugar Cookies: Gluten-Free too!
These chewy lemon sugar cookies have such perfect texture you'd never now they are gluten-free, and vegan too!
Our Favorite Cut and Roll Sugar Cookie Recipe: Gluten-Free!
We think this is the best Cut And Roll Sugar Cookie Recipe, Gluten-Free or otherwise! It adds add a festive touch to any celebration.
FROSTED SUGAR COOKIE BARS
Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 ¼ cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend or your favorite all-purpose gf flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ⅓ cup unrefined coconut oil soft
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups organic powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter softened
- 2-3 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free french vanilla coconut milk coffee creamer OR coconut milk & vanilla extract
- food coloring optional
- gluten free sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour blend, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar, sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined.
- Using rubber spatula, spread dough in even layer in prepared baking pan.
- Bake cookies for 22-24 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make vanilla frosting, mix together powdered sugar, softened vegan butter, coffee creamer, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add a few drops of food coloring (if desired). Spread frosting over top of cooled cookies. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
- Allow frosting to set. Cut cookies into bars and serve.
One more recipe to try: Fluffy Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Corn Free Frosting Recipe:
Try this totally delicious cooked frosting recipe for Gluten-Free and Corn Free Frosting with a Dairy Free option - made with butter or a non-dairy butter substitute. Either way, it's totally yum - think pillowy clouds of marshmallow goodness.
Let Us Know What You Think