- 6 cups of cubed ripe watermelon (seedless works well)
- 1-2 large shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, broken into large pieces (about 1 cup)
Place the sliced shallots in a large bowl, and add lime juice, and a sprinkle each of salt and pepper. Allow the shallot to soak in the lime juice for at least 5 minutes.
Add the watermelon, feta and basil to the shallots and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy.