Every so often I crave the deliciousness of a soft yet crunchy peanut butter cookie. I’ve been working on this recipe for quite sometimes trying to perfect the perfect blend for the type of gluten-free peanut butter cookies I like. I like a crunchy outside with a soft chewy middle. The creaminess and richness of peanut butter makes me want to eat a numerous amount all at once, and we all know what happens when we eat a ginormous amount of cookies all at once. ? I find that these gluten-free peanut butter cookies will get soft if left out on the counter in a air tight container so I refrigerate them after a day or so. I think I may try a crunchy peanut butter next time and perhaps some chocolate.
Soft Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup SO Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk or any other dairy free milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1-¼ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer add butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
- Cream together, scrape sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add baking soda, sea salt, and gluten free flour.
- Mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scooper make round balls.
- Roll balls in organic cane sugar or turbinado sugar to coat.
- Using a fork make a criss cross pattern on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake 10-11 min or until golden.
- Let cool on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.