This Chocolate Peppermint Layer Cake from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats is a wonder – perfect texture packed with rich chocolate flavor, and no gluten, dairy or eggs in sight!
I can’t decide what I love more about this gluten-free chocolate peppermint layer cake. The 3 layers of moist, dark chocolate cake. Those rustic, yet perfectly-peppermint layers of buttercream that compliment the chocolate cake. It could very well be the creamy chocolate ganache that is dripping down the sides of this glorious cake. Either way, it’s all fantastic!
I made this chocolate peppermint layer cake for a dessert night we hosted at our house last week. All of the staff and board members of our church, as well as their spouses, came over for quite the spread. This cake was the star of the show, along with pumpkin pecan tartletts, mini soft gingersnap cookies, and mandarin cranberry crumb bites. All gluten, dairy and egg free (of course). I LOVE making desserts that can be enjoyed by all, even those without food allergies. They never know what’s missing. I also LOVE hosting parties. It’s my favorite. This was a great (tasty) event to kick of this holiday season!
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Peppermint Cake
Perfect for the holidays (or, you know, whenever the craving for a moist, chocolate-y cake with chocolate ganache hits), this recipe for gluten-free chocolate cake by Sarah Bakes Gluten Free is truly a masterpiece.
Servings 16 people
- 2 1/2 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend or I like the Pamela’s GF Artisan Blend
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 cup high quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola or sunflower seed oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon GF vanilla extract
vegan chocolate ganache
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup So Delicious Dairy Free coconut milk coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies, for garnish
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats