- 210 grams (1½ cups) gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- ¼ teaspoon xantham gum**
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (4oz / 113g) butter, softened300 g (1½ cups) sugar
- ¼ cup fresh (60 mL) lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon lemon zest
- 75 g (½ cup) ginger chips (chopped crystalized ginger)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius).
- Grease & flour a 9×13? pan.
- Whisk together the gluten-free flour, xantham gum (if using), salt and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and add the lemon juice and one egg. Beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and add ? of the dry ingredients. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and eggs until you have incorporated all of it.
- Scrape down the sides and stir in the lemon zest and ginger chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
*I tested this recipe using Cup4Cup gluten-free all purpose flour. Other brands that I am confident would work well are Jules Nearly Normal and Better Batter. Baking mixes such as Pamela’s will not. **If you are using a blend that includes xantham gum, there is no need to add it again.
Recipe Courtesy: Mary Fran Wiley