1 1/2 cups of brown rice
1 1/2 cups of white rice
- Rinse brown rice and let soak in fresh cold water to cover for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, rinse the white rice by filling a bowl with water and stirring by hand. Drain and repeat until the water in the bowl is clear.
- Add both the brown and the white rice to a saucepan. Flatten the rice with your palm and without removing it, add water until it touches the highest knuckle of your middle finger.
- Cover and boil over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice stand, covered, to plump, 20 minutes. Stir gently and serve.
Recipe Courtesy: Chef Ming Tsai