- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 3 cups G-Free cooked Ham, cut into about ½" chunks
- 3 cans Pinto Beans (30 oz. size, plus the liquid)
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Basil, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon Parsley, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar, packed
Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion has softened. Add ham and mix well. Add beans with liquid, mix well and allow to come to a boil. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low, and simmer - ready to eat after about 30 minutes, better after 60-75 (thicker, heartier, flavors enhanced). Excellent reheated.
NOTE: if you want to serve this more quickly, drain one can of beans, so you have less liquid to reduce.