- 12 Eggs
- 12 G-Free Corn Tortillas
- 1 Roasted Chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 White Onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, leaved picked and roughly chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 Avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Butter (or more olive oil for GFCF)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Sour Cream for garnish (optional)
Heat oven to 300F
Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm.
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeño and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix avocados with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Crack eggs into a large bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, to desired firmness.
To serve: Remove tortillas from oven. Divide eggs and shredded chicken meat between the tortillas. Top with tomato salsa and avocado. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy: Chef Mike Midgley was a contestant on Season 2 of Bravo's "Top Chef" and is the talented & hysterically funny owner of Midgley Catering in Stockton CA.