The folks at Whole Foods Market team asked me to pop in and show y’all how to make the how to make the perfect gluten-free Red Beer. I was happy to oblige, because I love a red beer!
About Gluten-Free Red Beer Recipe Ingredients:
To get started, pop a pint glass in the freezer - even a couple of minutes helps. Then, gather tomato juice or good quality tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce + your favorite hot sauce (make sure they're both gluten-free!), a wedge of lime and frosty cold bottle or can of your favorite gluten free beer. I prefer to use tomato puree, you get more tomato flavor and more room for beer. If you like a seasoned rim, spread some seasoning salt on a small, flat plate, and get any garnishes you want to use. Olives, wax peppers, bacon and pickles are all good choices.
If you’ve got questions about which GF beer to use in this Perfect Gluten-Free Red Beer recipe, check out my video about gluten-free beer here.
If you’ve got friends or family that aren’t gluten-free, use their favorite conventional ale to make a traditional red beer with the same recipe.
If you're wondering about gluten in alcohol, read more here.
Perfect Gluten-Free Red Beer Recipe
- ½ cup tomato juice or tomato puree
- 1-2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce make certain it's gluten-free
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce make certain it's gluten-free
- 12 oz gluten-free beer
- lime wedge
- GF seasoning salt
- gourmet olives, optional, for garnish
- Place pint glasses or beer mugs in freezer until ice-cold.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the seasoning salt into a saucer. Run the lime wedge around the rim of the glass, and then dip the rim into the salt to coat. Combine the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in the glass, and then pour the beer in. Garnish with lime wedge and olives. Enjoy!
Photos: Meg van der Kruik