The folks at Whole Foods Market asked me to choose some of my favorite Gluten Free products to be featured in their stores, and then they let me loose in one of their kitchens to create delish recipes to share. I included the blue cheeses from Rogue Creamery, because they are fabulous (look for Caveman Blue, Oregon Blue or the Whole Foods “House Blue” from Rogue) and they are the only certified GF blue cheeses I’ve found.
This Gluten-Free Crostini with Blue Cheese & Prosciutto is the perfect appetizer or snack – let’s be honest. I totally pop some red wine and make it a meal. You probably should too.
Gluten-Free Crostini with Blue Cheese & Prosciutto
- 1 Against the Grain Gluten Free Baguette it’s grain free too!
- 3 oz. wedge GF Blue Cheese: try Oregon Blue or Cavemen Blue from Rogue Creamery
- 2-3 oz. Prosciutto thinly sliced
- – Balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the baguettes in 1/4 inch rounds, and place on a baking sheet. Toast the bread in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Turn pan during baking or flip slices over if needed. Allow to cool.
- Spread each crostini liberally with blue cheese, top with a layer of prosciutto and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
Whole Foods Market compensated me for this post, my involvement in their New Year promotion and recipe development. My opinions are my own, because they’re mine. (Y’all know I don’t say things I don’t mean, right? Then I’d have to remember what I said!)