One of the Corporate Food Industry's major-league players (I worked for a different one), ARAMARK - gets the G-Free message! In recognition of May being National Celiac Awareness Month, they are serving G-Free meals at the 12 Major League Ballparks they service, HOORAY! I'm still an SF Giants Fan - but they'd better get with the program, or I'm getting a new foam finger.
A quote from their Press Release:
"ARAMARK – the food and beverage partner for 12 Major League Baseball teams – is proud to reaffirm its commitment to making gluten-free fare more accessible to fans with celiac disease. ARAMARK has been at the forefront of this movement, debuting what is believed to be baseball’s first dedicated gluten-free concessions stand at Coors Field in Denver during the 2009 season. This was quickly followed by a standalone location at Atlanta’s Turner Field."
For the 2010 season, ARAMARK continues to work with its partners to further incorporate gluten-free items on their menus. Following is a sampling of ARAMARK ballparks where gluten-free fare is available in general concessions.
- Citi Field (World’s Fare Market): Hot dog and hamburger on gluten-free bun, gluten-free snacks, gluten-free beer.
- Citizens Bank Park (Section 128): Hot dog on gluten-free bun, gluten-free beer.
- Coors Field (Section 143): Hot dog, hamburger and chicken sandwich on gluten-free bun, potato chips, cookies and brownies, gluten-free beer.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Charm City Market): Gluten-free crab cake, Asian noodle salad, hummus and vegetables, hot dog and sausage on gluten-free bun, gluten-free beer.
- Turner Field (Section 112): Grilled sirloin burger served on tapioca-organic rice roll, hot dog on gluten-free bun, potato chips and popcorn, cookies and brownies, gluten-free beer.
Additionally, at ballparks where dedicated gluten-free offerings may not yet be on the menu, fans can contact the ballpark’s concessions manager prior to their visit to make appropriate arrangements and learn more about items that suit their individual diets. Gluten-free food is also readily available in most premium dining areas, such as suites, clubs and restaurants.
ARAMARK partners with 14 Major League Baseball teams -- Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, New York Mets, Oakland A’s, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, and Toronto Blue Jays -- and 10 minor league teams, as well as seven spring training sites to provide integrated food and beverage, retail merchandise and/or facility services. Visit www.ballparkfoods.com for more information.
Love it, Love it, Love it! Thanks to Aramark & these Major League teams for helping ALL of us grab a dog & a beer at the game. Now if they could just send a fly ball in my direction -