Recipe courtesy: Taylor, Gluten Away
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (add 2 tsp xanthan gum if not included)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger or nutmeg
- Chocolate chips or raisins optional
- Cream cheese icing of your choice Click Here for Dairy Free Icing Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Take out an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan (or, for a fluffier version, a 9- by 13-inch pan) and set aside. Beat together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, the ginger / nutmeg, and chocolate chips or raisins if you desire. Mix until smooth, then spread the batter in your pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Apply icing, enjoy!