This Warm Red Potato Salad recipe is a crowd-pleasing dish that’s easy to make and even better the next day. It's creamy and spicy, with just the right bit of crunch.
This Warm Red Potato Salad is served slightly warm or at room temperature, which makes it perfect for potlucks and outdoor events and brings out the flavor of the spicy mustard. It can be made a day in advance and refrigerated overnight – simply warm it slightly or allow it to come up to temperature before serving. I like to pair this potato salad recipe with a big garden salad and grilled sausages for a deliciously simple summer dinner.
A note about the mustard: many mustards have gluten ingredients. Make sure the one you chose is gluten-free.
Check out this Sweet Potato Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing that can be served warm, room temperature or cold too!
Warm Red Potato Salad Recipe
- 2.5 lbs red potatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 green onions, chopped, whites and green divided
- 3 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoon Gluten-Free whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Add potatoes to pot of salted cold water. Bring to a boil, over high heat, cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the whites of the green onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, and stir in the remaining onions, dill, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and warm through, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add in capers. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir to combine. Serve warm or room temperature.
photos by Katie Roletto